Sunday 17 November 2013

Succinct Sunday - Movie 43

Tonight, I begin a new feature at Mike Dunn Reviews: Succinct Sundays!

This feature is similar to my previous film reviews only they're slightly smaller due to them inspiring less than the usual film.  Either that or I'm just lazy and these films do not deserve being spoken about for an entire post.  Right, with that in mind, I might as well get this one out of the way so I can actually speak about films that matter.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
*gasp* Johnny Knoxville's in it?!
Get that seat-filler on the poster, pronto!

PLAN 43 FROM OUTER SPACE

Without a doubt in my mind, Movie 43 has got to be one of the worst films I have ever had the misfortune to watch.  There are literally no jokes that made me even crack a smile and I felt awkward, uncomfortable and repulsed throughout.  There are no redeeming features whatsoever. I can honestly say that I haven't ever said that about a film before.  Sure, there were times that I wanted to leave the cinema (Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle and The Happening spring instantly to mind), but never before have I ever been so offended by the humour and attitude of an entire film.

Three youngsters search the Internet for the elusive titular movie, apparently the most disgusting, shocking and depraved film ever made.  Whilst they search, they come across short snippets of movies, featuring very famous faces such as Richard Gere, Halle Berry and Hugh Jackman, degrading themselves in quite shocking and disgusting means.  This just baffles me.  How could Oscar winners such as Kate Winslet, Halle Berry and Greg Kinnear all appear in this god-awful film?  Who has enough incriminating photos and videos to get so many of Hollywood's A-list in this turkey?

I'm sure that they think that they are letting their hair down and proving that they can have a funny side as well as flexing their dramatic muscles. But instead they are just showing extremely poor judgement; either that or a complete misstep in their agent's ability to spot a quality project.

I've spent too much time on this shocking excuse for a film.  In short, I will bring out a quote often told to me at a younger age: “I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed.”

No, fuck it, I'm angry. Fuck Movie 43.

Rating - 1/10

No comments:

Post a Comment